The Challenge in Introducing Speeds of 160 kmph for passenger trains on IR is to meet the Demands for Initial and Inherent Quality of Track, modern Infrastructure Management, modern best Practices of Permanent Work Procedures and of mechanised Track-Maintenance.
Prerequisites for 160 kmph are:
- Well bearing and drained formation.
- Long rolled rails of high steel-alloy quality.
- High performance turnouts with condition monitoring sensors.
- High standard robotic rail flash-but welding or digital controlled AT welding under supervision of well trained and skilled gangs.
- Under sleeper pads for concrete sleepers and a fit-and-forget replacement rail-fastening system for the current Mark III ERC fastening.
- Well planned, condition based and predictive modern mechanised maintenance practices and procedures executed with appropriated tools and heavy duty & high performance on-track machinery.
- Regular preventive and target rail-grinding.
- Deployment of automatic train protection/control.
To learn more download:TRACK QUALITY AND MAINTENANCE